- SAFE AND NON-TOXIC. Meets CPSC standards and has been 3rd party tested in the USA to be FREE of BPA, Pthalates, Lead, Formamide and Latex
- NO SMALL PIECES. We have designed these mats specifically to be safe for all ages. No small puzzle pieces are present for your child to choke on
- EXTRA THICK pieces of 9/16″ for that extra protection from bumps and toddler falls
- VERSATILE DESIGN allows you to lay it flat for larger area or put borders up for fenced in area. Can make doorways for your child to imagine all sorts of playhouses. INCLUDES zippered carrying case for easy storage.
- ENCOURAGES DEVELOPMENT of fine and gross motor skills, hand eye coordination, reasoning and visual sensory development
A SAFE PLACE TO PLAY
Your baby’s safety is our top priority. Our EVA Foam Playmats have been 3rd party tested right here in the USA and are FREE of BPA, Pthalates, Lead, Formamide and Latex. They have been tested to meet all CPSC (Consumer Products Safety Commision) standards and beyond.See testing and certifications.
In addition, we have designed our mats to not have any small pieces like most puzzle mats available. No choking hazard means more peace of mind for you and safety for all ages.
SOFT AND COMFORTABLE
Your infant, toddler or child will have hours of fun on our mats. From Tummy Time to preschool imaginations, our mats will grow with your child and provide a safe, soft play area. The extra thickness (greater than 1/2 inch) protects your child from all the little bumps associated with learning to sit, crawl and walk.
VARIED COLOR COMBINATIONS
Colors that not only encourage development with their contrasting dark and light combinations, but also are easier on the eyes in most living spaces. Because, let’s face it, your baby’s play area is almost always in the middle of the living area.
VARIED USES AND SIZES
Dimensions for different layouts:
Flat layout: 48 in x 48 in (122 cm x 122 cm)
With fence up: 36 in x 36 in (91cm x 91 cm)
- Always use with adult supervision
- Do not leave mat in outdoor sun for long periods of time
- Do not allow children to play with packaging
- This mat is made from plastic foam. It will have the smell of new sneakers when first removing from packaging. If this is bothersome, remove from packaging and allow to breathe for 24 hours before use
How to Clean Your Play Mat!
Clean Rag and Water
For those not so messy spills like water and drool, cleaning your play mat with a clean rag with water does a very nice job. Using microfiber small hand towels is great, but really anything will do. We would not recommend paper towels, as the texture of the mat will sometimes tear them if they are thin (although I have resorted to this at times).
Non-toxic Spray Cleaner
Most people have their favorite non-toxic cleaner that they like to use. Just make sure it’s gentle and safe to use with babies. I would still recommend wiping off with a clean, wet rag after spraying on mat. Harsh chemical or ammonia based cleansers are not recommended for obvious reasons when it comes to your baby.
My personal favorite cleanser is a Young Living product made from Thieves Essential Oil which is made very dilute and is great for cleaning and killing germs. We use this spray cleaner all around our house and diffuse Thieves oil to prevent colds and flu germs from entering or spreading through our household. If you are interested in Thieves Spray or any other essential oil products, you can check it out here. I also use Thieves Household cleaner and mix it in my own spray bottle. If you are looking for something that will last for a very long time, this is it.
Hand Washing in the Sink
Let’s face it, sometimes the messes are a little more than a spray bottle can handle. For that you can just take the pieces apart and hand wash them with dish soap (or any mild soap) in the sink and allow them to dry. The EVA foam is water proof, so it will not seep into the foam. If it’s a really nasty mess, I wash like this and then spray my Thieves spray on it (yes, maybe overkill, but I am a nurse, it’s our nature).
I hope this helps you clean and maintain the life of your Wee Giggles Play Mat. I would love to hear some of your favorite ways of cleaning your play mat! Please feel free to comment here or to contact me directly if you have any questions or comments.